Shura meeting minutes 12 4 2016
Present: Br Shakeel, Br Saad, Imaam, Br Andrew, Br Asif, Br Ahmed, Br Haroon, Br Kamran, Br Riaz, Br Rakan, Br Ejaz, Br Isa
- Following Committee chairs provided 2016 update and overview of 2017 plans:
- Br Shakeel (Planning & Construction), Br Riaz (Imaam), Br Ejaz (Fundraising), Br Ahmed (Dawah), Sr Tara (Communications), Br Hisham (Volunteers), Br Wasif (Elections), Br Haroon (Youth), Sr Fouzia (Social and Welfare).
- Sr Samra (Al Mizaan), Sr Tahseen (Women), Br Babar (IT), Br Ahmed Tariq (Education) were not able to attend
- Key action items from Committee update:
- Communications Team to:
- Work to post Shura meeting minutes within one week of the meeting.
- Consult with EC Chairs and highlight key activities of one EC each week in the weekly newsletter
- Through click-through analytics, identify which section of the newsletter community is reading the most so that information can be catered accordingly
- Get ICM’s facebook page under the management of Communication committee. Work with the current owner with the help of Shura chair
- Volunteer committee and Social welfare committee to coordinate their volunteer list and work together on volunteer needs. Develop single database of volunteers.
- Fundraising committee: Send an email this week informing community about the timing of donation receipt and encouraging them to donate by the end of December for tax deduction purposes
- Ramadan and Taraweeh will be under the management of Imaam committee and there will not be a separate committee
- Membership Committee will be formed. Nomination committee will seek candidates for this committee chair
- Br Haroon introduced Sr Muniza Qureshy, candidate for Facilities Management Committee chair. Shura unanimously approved nomination.